вторник, 4 октября 2016 г.

New (to me!) toy: Tegu Magnetic Blocks

tegu-magnetic-block-system

tegu-magnetic-blocks-in-shape-of-man

tegu-magnetic-blocks

tegu-pocket-pouch

Admittedly, I’ve spent the past year (blissfully) in a bit of a dark hole when it comes to discovering new toys. During our travels, our kids have gotten used to playing with what they can find around them — sticks, stones, ropes, etc. And to be honest, apart from the girls missing their tutus and dress-up clothes, the kids haven’t really missed the toys we left behind. Now that we’re nearing the end of our travels and will soon be settling, we’ll see how long this happiness-without-toys state lasts… but one thing I’m sure of is that when we do go back to buying toys, I only want to buy the very best, long-lasting, simple ones. The ones you keep around for future grandchildren to play with.

Blocks have always been one of the most beloved, most played with toys for my children. Their collection of Kapla blocks is something we put into storage and can’t wait to get back. We also have a set of wooden blocks which has been passed down from when my grandfather was a child. So special and so loved!

At the NYC ShopUp event last week, I discovered a new-to-me type of block set at the Rose & Rex booth: wooden and magnetic. So cool! The Tegu block sets come in natural or colourful collections. Each wooden block has a hidden magnet inside, so they easily connect to create all sorts of elaborate creations. (I may have spent an odd amount of time at the booth just playing with the blocks myself!) You can buy all sorts of different sets from pocket-sized sets to 42-piece block systems.

I know it’s probably too early to start talking about Christmas presents… but these would make for a wonderful gift to be treasured for years and years…

Courtney x



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/2doz2Rb via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2dIS7Qf

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий