вторник, 14 марта 2017 г.

Tuesday Tips: What to pack in your hospital bag

As I wrote last week, we are hoping to welcome our baby at home (there is a big inflatable birth pool in my bedroom as I write this! on the eve of my due date no less!), so I have not even packed a hospital bag. Everything we need for the birth and for the baby is ready and waiting in my closet, including many of the newborn essentials I mentioned in this previous post.

Speaking of hospital bags… I recently stumbled across this article about what women from around the world take with them to the hospital when they give birth. It is fascinating! It makes you realise how ‘essentials’ can differ across cultures and countries.  After seeing the photos from women around the world, I thought I would gather some of my post-birth products onto my bed and snap my version of my ‘hospital bag’ contents.

Here is what I would pack if I were packing a hospital bag:

FOR MAMA:

  • Nursing dress and robe
  • Nursing Bra
  • Nursing tank
  • Cotton Underpants
  • Organic maternity pads (for heavy flow)
  • Chapstick (my lips were always chapped after labour)
  • Hair elastic (I usually have one around my wrist, but good to pack an extra one just in case!)
  • Loose-fitting, comfortable dress for the drive home (a dress like this one from Hatch is perfect because it’s loose-fitting and buttons down for easy nursing, or a loose-fitting top over leggings)
  • Toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, face lotion and anything else you might need for an overnight stay

FOR BABY:

GADGETS:

  • Camera (make sure the battery is charged!)
  • Phone & charger
  • Portable bluetooth speaker

What am I forgetting? Anything you packed in your hospital bag that I didn’t mention above? And were there things you packed that you never used and wouldn’t pack again? Your tips will be helpful to other mamas so please share!

Courtney x



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/2mntzM1 via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2npxOYu

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий