вторник, 16 мая 2017 г.

Homemade Vegan Pudding

We gave up cow’s milk quite a few years ago. We still eat plain yoghurts, cottage cheese and cheese but we only drink plant-based milk (our favorite is oat). I also replace the “normal” milk for the oat one in all the recipes and although dishes usually turn out just as (if not even more) delicious, there are few things that don’t work the way I wish, like ice cream and pudding. I tried a few different brands of instant pudding mixes already but they never thicken enough with oat milk. Even the vegan ones that say to use plant milk. And I also tried using only half of the recommended amount of milk but nothing changed. I tried just about everything but the outcome was always the same – a runny pudding! So I decided to try making one from scratch. It worked! And it is so darn delicious, our favorite dessert at the moment! I’m also super amazed at how simple it is to make, if only I knew it before. And it would be a sin not to share it with you. I promise you’ll love it! This is my own recipe for a dark chocolate pudding:

This makes about 4-5 servings:

-500ml (2 cups) milk (I use oat milk)
-5 tbsp. cornstarch
-3 tbsp. 100% cocoa powder
-2 tbsp. sugar (I use coconut palm sugar)
-Pinch of salt

Separately mix the cornstarch, cocoa and sugar with just enough milk to make a thick paste – about 3 tablespoons.
Pour the rest of the milk and salt into saucepan and heat over medium heat until bubbles form at edges.
Pour the chocolate mixture into hot milk gradually and stir to dissolve.
Continue cooking over medium heat and stir constantly until the mixture thickens (you can try out with a metal spoon – it should coat its back when thick enough). Do not boil!
Now remove the pudding from heat and pour into dishes and let them cool down. We love them while still warm.
I make vanilla pudding the same way I just skip the cocoa and use vanilla instead (about ½ tsp. for the amount of milk above or to taste).

Ps. you can probably notice mine are a little cracked on top but you can avoid that by mixing in one tablespoon of butter after removing it from heat.

Yuuum this makes want to make some right now!

**

You can read more from Polona on her blog Baby Jungle or visit her online boutique Baby Jungle shop!



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/2pFeqv9 via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2rm6sEA

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий