среда, 7 декабря 2016 г.

The best gender-neutral baby essentials

gender-neutral-baby-essentials

I’ve had several friends reach out over the years asking for my no-fuss, must-buy list of newborn essentials. I remember one of my best friends from college sent me an email asking me for a list of things she should buy as well as a list of things she should not. I loved that she knew there would be all sorts of non-essential baby products flogged at her (umm… baby wipes warmers!), and she wanted to know what to avoid. Smart mama.

I realised that I’ve never actually shared my list here on Babyccino, and with a few months to go until my baby arrives, it’s on my mind more than ever. So here it is — a list of gender neutral baby essentials that are as pretty as they are practical:

1. The Baby Bjorn bouncy chair moves with your child naturally – no batteries needed! (It’s just nice to have a safe place to set your baby down, and my babies used this from birth up to around 7 or 8 months.)

2. White muslin bamboo swaddles from Aden + Anais (and see other swaddle suggestions here).

3. A cosy knitted baby hat (with ears! too sweet!) from Elias & Grace (or this adorable bear hat from Ellie Sunday).

4. An organic cotton, nicely fitted baby bonnet from Mabo.

5. White, cotton crossover bodysuits from Petit Bateau (the ones from Sweetcase are great too). The cross-over snap style means you don’t have to struggle with pulling a body suit over your baby’s head. I always found these to be the easiest ones to put on.

6. Soft, organic cotton long-sleeved bodysuits from Gray Label (and also from Mabo).

7. Socks to keep little feet warm (I have found the thicker ones like this stay on better than the thinner cotton ones).

8. A cosy, more substantial blanket like this organic merino wool baby blanket from Mama Owl (or this one from Babe & Tess or this Bobble Knitted Blanket from Miou made from baby alpaca).

9. An infant carseat — I have always used the Maxi Cosi bucket seat. With attachments, it also fit onto my Bugaboo buggy.

10. All of my babies spent their first few weeks in nightgowns like this one from Chasing Windmills with an elasticated bottom. It makes all those midnight nappy changes so much easier than fiddling around with snaps.

11. Okay, it’s not an essential. But it’s cute and it won’t be long before your baby is able to grab hold of sweet little rattles like this one from Brimful.

12. A baby carrier! I have always liked the Ergo Baby carriers for newborns and the Tula Carriers for toddlers.

13. A moses basket and natural mattress (although, if I’m really honest, our moses basket usually sits empty and collects dust or laundry because our babies always end up sleeping in bed with us!). But still, it’s nice to have a pretty and portable place to lie your baby down to sleep.

And some items not pictured…

14. A baby changing mat — I have always used a wedge-shaped mat because the shape helps to keep wriggly little babes in place, and it’s nice and thick and supportive. You’ll also need a removable washable cover.

15. A buggy (or stroller) — we loved our Bugaboo Frog (the first Bugaboo, most similar to the current Cameleon!) and used the same one for all four babies. We gave it away to the charity shop when we left London, so I’ll need a new one for this baby. I’ve got my eye on the Bugaboo Bee.

16. If you’re planning on bottle feeding or supplementing your breastfeeding, you’ll also need bottles and accessories.

17. All of my babies used a dummy (pacifier) for the first couple years of their lives. This might not be an essential for all newborns, but it was for mine.

18. And lastly, if buying things individually is not for you, there are some newborn sets and services which are a good option. The layette bundle from Mabo is so sweet, Mori has great bundle sets including a hospital bag essentials set, and of course Sweetcase has suitcases filled with beautiful newborn essentials.

I think that’s it (hope I’m not forgetting something). Please feel free to add any newborn items you’ve particularly loved as I’m sure other parents would love to hear.

Courtney x



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/2hfszuf via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2gagPUU

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий