четверг, 3 августа 2017 г.

Delicious apple muffins




On sunny weekend mornings, when the weather is nice and the waves are forecasted to be good, we hurry up with our breakfast, load the surfboards and beach bags into the car, and head to the beach! It’s become one of my favourite things about living here — that we can spend so much time outside in a place where we are all so happy. Michael and Easton get out in the surf, the other kids play together on the beach, and Wilkie and I sit under our beach umbrella taking it all in.

I always make sure I have plenty of snacks to keep everyone satiated to stay long enough at the beach, and then we usually grab a late lunch around 2ish. Often, I put all the extra pancakes from breakfast into a plastic container and bring those to the beach, but last weekend we didn’t have any extras, so I decided to quickly make muffins. I was hoping to make blueberry muffins, but we didn’t have blueberries, so I decided to make apple muffins instead.  And they were such a hit at the beach, I figured I ought to share the recipe here:

Ingredients for 10-12 apple muffins:

-½ cup butter (115 grams)
-¾ cup rapadura sugar (brown sugar is fine)
-2 eggs
-¼ cup buttermilk
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1 ½ cups chopped apples (roughly two apples)
-¾ cup whole wheat flour
-¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
-¼ teaspoon salt
-¾ teaspoon baking soda
-¾ teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon cinnamon

Method:

Preheat oven to 350°F  (175° C).
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and apples and blend well. Sift the flour, salt, soda, baking powder and cinnamon together and combine with the apple mixture. Scoop into muffin tin. You can sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon or leave as they are.
Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

We made these again this week and I put them in the children’s lunch boxes for a special treat everyone loved!

Courtney x

The post Delicious apple muffins appeared first on Babyccino Kids: Daily tips, Children’s products, Craft ideas, Recipes & More.



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/2w9ricr via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2fc6Vrj

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий