четверг, 8 сентября 2016 г.

Some big news – another baby!

Marlow kissing bump

Courtney's baby bump

i-9gTzKGN-X3

i-hf6R4Ph-X3

courtney and Michael

Adamo family photo

This post has been really difficult for me to write. I’ve stopped and started, procrastinated and deliberated. I’ve thought about it constantly over the past weeks and months. I now realise it’s difficult for me to write this because I have so many different emotions and thoughts swirling through my head.

After an amazing adventure we are at a major crossroads in our lives. We are without a place to call home and staying with family. Michael isn’t working and isn’t keen to rush back to his field. The kids are due to start school but we are not settled enough to enrol them. Together, the six of us are transitioning from adventurers to real-lifers, finding the way to our next chapter.

And, to add a new twist to an already complex plot… we will welcome a new baby in March 2017!

I discovered I was pregnant during our month-long stay in Positano earlier this year. This baby was conceived in one of our favourite places on this planet, during the most incredible family adventure. I have spent the past few months feeling nauseous and tired, and simultaneously terrified and excited. Had I not felt so ill, I think I would have also found myself in denial – alongside Michael who is also dealing with his own set of conflicting emotions.

It’s wild to think we will go back to the baby phase – to sleepless nights and foggy days, to nappies and sippy cups and baby bibs. We gave away all of our baby stuff and can’t even begin to think about the reality of needing those things again. (I told you my mind was flooding with thoughts!)

And yet, the thought of adding another member to our family makes my heart race with joy. The thought of giving our children a new sibling to love and know forever! The thought of holding a new baby in our arms! Giving birth one more time! Breastfeeding! Even the sleepless nights. I feel like the luckiest woman on this planet.

We shared the news about the baby with the kids when we were in London a few weeks ago. They were all so excited — they were jumping up and down asking a million questions. Marlow hasn’t stopped asking to kiss my baby bump and the others keep asking how much longer they have to wait. With all the conflicting emotions Michael and I might have as we plot out our future, there is one thing I know for sure: this baby is already so, so loved.

I am excited to share my pregnancy journey with you, to start focusing on pregnancy and babies, and to grow and learn from this wonderful community of mothers.

Courtney x

The photos above were taken by Sara Welch who has taken our family photos every summer in this same spot – on the farm where I grew up. I’m wearing a dress by Ace & Jig, which thankfully works perfectly with a growing bump.



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/2cmiTLM via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2bXh0Wu

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий