вторник, 23 февраля 2016 г.

Tuesday Tips: A simple birthday party

party2

Esther has organised some epic kids birthday parties, some of my favourite being the disco party and the stick horse party .

disco_1b

I on the other hand am terrible at this! I seriously cannot compete. BUT I do think it is important for my kids to have their friends over, host them in our home and basically say “thank you” to all their friends for a great year together. Because that is what birthday parties are all about, right? (Not at all about presents and being the centre of attention ;)).

Now another mom at school, who is a pre-school teacher, gave me a couple of tips on how she organises a typical birthday party and I thought it was so genius I wanted to shared them with you. She manages to have some of the best parties without any preparation whatsoever.

When the kids turn up she divides the kids into 2 groups (depending on the numbers) and each group then bakes a cake. It takes them a good 30 mins to get all the ingredients together, mix the batter and get the cakes ready to be popped into the oven. Then she gets the kids to make the world’s longest chain garland which they then decorate the room with. After that, they have time for about 2 games (musical chairs, statues or memory tray). By that time the games are finished, the cakes are ready to eat and everyone loves them even more because they have made them themselves. When the cakes are eaten up and everyone has sung happy birthday, it is already pick-up time.

I thought this very so simple and fun! If anyone has any other ideas to share I would LOVE to hear ;). I have a birthday coming up soon..

Emilie

PS. The above photos are of Esther’s children’s amazing birthday parties!



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/1L7TqC9 via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1VBgUjP

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий