понедельник, 27 февраля 2017 г.

The flap between my girls’ rooms

Renovating a flat has been a fun, if a bit stressful event in my life. I had no idea how all consuming it was going to be. I spent nights pinning on Pinterest, researching flats in every corner of the world, searching for inspiration and checking out every possible Ikea hack there was in the world of hacking. I now literally know the names of the individual Ikea shelving units by heart!!

But the changes of moving into a new flat are not only decorative – it changes the family dynamic. Up to a couple of days ago, my girls have always shared a room. They have played in their room, laughed in their room and pulled each others hair in their room. I had split the room into two levels, but it still felt like a common space.

They were both excited about each having their own personal space, but in a funny way also a bit reticent to lose the easy access to each other. So here is what we did: we installed a (small human sized) cat flat between the two rooms! It is excellent. It is going to have a door in it so that there is a feeling of separation. I know that in a couple of years time they will have outgrown the flap – but until then I guarantee that a lot of fun is going to be had. ; )

The moment I have better photos of the flat I will share! For now it is still a lived-in construction site!

Emilie



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/2l1X1ur via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2lrtSou

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий