среда, 13 июля 2016 г.

A flower party for Ava’s 6th birthday

A flower birthday party
Last weekend, Ava finally celebrated her sixth birthday with a few friends from her school (better late than never)! We had decided on a flower party, which we thought would be cute for a bunch of 6-year-olds. It ended up being a lovely sunny day, and the flower party theme was so good (and so easy!).

I always like to organise our children’s birthday parties around a simple theme — it makes it easier for me to come up with ideas for activities and decoration. Then, depending on the time I have, I prepare the party. This year, I didn’t have much time at all, so I kept the preparation of the party to a minimum!

A flower birthday party

We’re lucky, because flowers are always easily available in the Netherlands. So on the morning of the party we stopped at our corner flower stall and got a massive amount of flowers. We also got edible flowers from the market to decorate the cake. I made sure I had thin wire in the house, and a wire cutter.

A flower birthday party flower vase masking tape
First thing I started doing when Ava’s little guests started to arrive, is to make them all a flower crown. (I had never made a flower crown in my life before, so it was a bit of a risk, but they turned out really lovely and were so fun and quite easy to make!) In the meantime, the children gave Ava their gifts, had a drink, and started to decorate glass bottles and jars with masking tape. By the time they were done with those tasks, they all had their flower crown.

carrot cake with flowers a flower birthday party flower candy flower birthday cake
The cake looked spectacular with the edible flowers on top! I also had found some flower chocolates and candy in the supermarket as an extra treat. Tamar had also sprinkled rose petals over the cordial, which I thought was such a good detail.

a flower birthday party
A flower birthday party-14 flower vase with masking tape

After a dance session led by Sara, we had one last activity — flower shop! The children could all assemble little bouquets from the flowers I got that morning, to put in the vase they had decorated before, and which, of course, they could take home.

Flower crowns A flower birthday party-18

It was such a lovely party! The next day in the classroom, I did spot a few flower crowns… and the vases with flowers still look so lovely on our window sill.

xxx Esther



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/29OJ6QK via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/29DC1Tc

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий