четверг, 12 ноября 2015 г.

There’s a Bear on my Chair, by Ross Collins

There's a Bear on my Chair 1

There’s a Bear on my Chair has very clearly become a favourite of Florence’s. She’s carried it everywhere this past week and I love it when I hear her shout, “Mama there’s a bear on my chair”, when she’s playing in her bedroom.

Ross Collins has created such an amusing story about a bear who sits unobstrusively on a mouse’s chair taking no notice at all when the mouse asks politely for him to move. After a few frustrating verbal exchanges between the mouse and the bear, and some humorous facial expressions from the mouse (which Florence loves to copy as I read) it soon becomes a story teaching the basics of ‘what goes around, comes around’.

When I give him a nasty glare

Paired with bright colourful pages and joyful illustrations it’s a story with very clear rhyming couplets (which work really well). It’s also the sophisticated words that Ross Collins has used which makes me love it the most; words such as ‘lair’ and ‘utmost’ and when Florence asked to change into her ‘leisurewear’ this evening I nearly fell off my own chair!

Reading There's a Bear on my Chair 1

This is one of those books that you will hope your child asks for at bedtime. There’s a Bear on my Chair has Florence (and I) hooked and it is no surprise that it has recently been shortlisted for a British Book Design and Production Award. I’ll keep my fingers crossed when the awards are presented later this month.

There’s a Bear on my Chair is available in all good bookstores and also online from amazon (US) and amazon (UK).

Vanessa xx



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/1GXWI9o via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1QjS20p

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий