вторник, 12 сентября 2017 г.

5 Questions with Amelia from A Gifted Baby

At Babyccino we are lucky enough to work with not just the loveliest products, but also with the most lovely of people. Amelia is most certainly one of them. She’s the lady behind the beautiful A Gifted Baby online boutique, a wonderful destination for stylish baby and children’s clothing and accessories from socially conscious designers, as well as ethically made toys and nursery finds.

Amelia is also joint owner of Brooklyn’s Dumbo Baby – a community store full of cool finds as well and connections. With two shops to take care of and always with the sweetest of mails, we wanted to get to know Amelia better. We asked her our five questions, and we so enjoyed reading her honest answers!

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself, where you live and about your family.

I’m Amelia, I’m 37 years old and still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I love overly-dramatic police procedurals, worrying about things that are very unlikely to happen, and dessert, which I eat as many times a day as possible. My husband and I have one rainbow baby, Freya, (Fifi, after the initials, F.F.) who is 20 months old. We moved to New York from Cambridge, Massachusetts, a little over a year and a half ago, just before Fifi was born. We live in the Crown Heights neighbourhood of Brooklyn, which I love. There are so many small businesses, and the community has so much texture and variety.

2. Tell us a little bit about your shop and how you came to create your store.

My store is a creative outlet, a tool for building community, and hopefully a platform for connecting amazing designers with a new audience. I’ve been fascinated by the ways people express themselves and communicate through clothing since I was a little kid. Identity is never more fluid than when you are a child, so I think children’s fashion has a really important job to do — it’s one of the first abstract forms of self-expression in which a person becomes invested. The shop was born at a time when I really needed to pour myself into something and give it life, so with the help of many amazing people, I created the store as a form of self-healing.

3. What is important to you when choosing your brands?

When choosing our brands what really matters is a feeling of personal connection. It starts with seeing the work, and if we respond to a collection emotionally, then we start doing the research. We talk to the creator, and learn about her (or sometimes his) process. We usually find that behind a really inspired collection there is a family working together, with a shared sense of fun, and dedication to integrity in the process.

4. What is next for A Gifted Baby?

Sometimes I wish I knew, but then again, if we could foresee the outcomes of our endeavours I don’t think or efforts would have the same bravery.

5. What do you love most about your job?

The thing about my work that keeps me going even on those days when I think I’m completely inadequate to the task, or maybe crazy for even trying, is working with my dear friend and teammate, Katrina. It’s not just that most (or maybe all) things worth accomplishing require teamwork to be well done, it’s that there is so much more joy in sharing a triumph with someone who has worked with you to achieve it, and so much more comfort after you fall short when someone else really knows you did your best. I could never do this without her and I wouldn’t want to.

We are thrilled to be able to spend a few days with Amelia later this weekend! She is bringing her amazing collection of socially conscious not-to-be-missed goodies for little ones to the NYC ShopUp and we can’t wait!

The post 5 Questions with Amelia from A Gifted Baby appeared first on Babyccino Kids: Daily tips, Children’s products, Craft ideas, Recipes & More.



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/2wWrSwO via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2wXlCVB

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий