пятница, 2 марта 2018 г.

New Baby | What essentials do you really need for the first weeks?

There’s a lot you can buy for your baby. And there’s a lot you really don’t need! Admittedly, I have made my share of useless purchases in the past (for example, a nappy trash can which produces giant nappy sausages). Now, expecting our fifth baby, I think I have more of an idea of what I really need. And, I had given away most of my new baby essentials after baby Casper, so now I have to get them all over again. Taking money and space into account, I’m more picky of what I really need…
So here’s my list of new baby essentials that I think are crucial (or at least very handy) to have the first weeks. Remembering: less is more, and simple is best! : )

new baby essentials CLOTHESNew baby essentials: CLOTHES

  1. White envelope onesies (size 1 month). The envelope opening is the easiest when babies are curled up and tiny.
  2. Baby hats, a few different thicknesses, styles and sizes
  3. For winter: a warm, all-over suit for taking baby outside.
  4. Long knitted socks and/or booties, newborn size.
  5. White pyjamas (Size NB and 1 month). The simple white style is so sweet. All my babies have worn these the first 2 years of their lives!
  6. A few little outfits, size NB and/or 1 month. I like these cute little overalls with feet for the first weeks! A little knitted baby cardigan is handy too.

Note: My babies typically are not big (they were all between 3200 to 3500 grams so far), so I know size newborn or 1 month will be ok. But some of my friends have had huge babies, so they needed size 3 months straight away!

new baby essentials CARENew baby essentials: CARE

  1. Newborn nappies and wipes (I’m trying Naty and Lilydoo)
  2. A cosy receiving blanket to keep baby warm
  3. Baby shampoo and body wash, baby ointment, baby cream bath (I like this one from Weleda), and a nice baby massage oil
  4. Baby nail clippers, saline water and a simple nose sucker to clear up a stuffed nose. And a soft baby hair brush if you expect your baby to have hair (I don’t!).
  5. A few cosy hooded bath capes, hooded towel or blankets to wrap baby in after a bath
  6. A (natural rubber) dummy (so far, all of my babies have used dummies!)
  7. Muslin squaresXL muslin squares and muslin wash gloves. Also: burp cloths.
  8. A Tummy Tub. So cute and my babies have all loved bathing in them! (They are also quite compact, compared to a regular baby bath.) I also use the sink, the first few weeks. (When baby gets bigger I like the folded Flexi Bath until they are sitting up confidently and can go into the ‘big bath’.)

Note: If you’re planning to bottle feed, you obviously need formula, bottles and bottle cleaners.

new baby essentials NURSERYNew baby essentials: NURSERY

  1. A swaddle blanket (I only started using a sleeping bag after the first weeks.)
  2. A changing table (I like using a vintage chest of drawers — handy for storage of the baby essentials!) with a wedge shaped changing mat and one or two washable covers. Plus a cute basket for little tidbits!
  3. Crib sheets and blankets (cotton and/or wool). And a hot water bottle with cover — a very Dutch thing and used to warm up the baby bed the first weeks. In the UK, when I had Sara and Pim, this was unheard of!
  4. A crib or bassinet. (I actually have a crib set up in our bedroom, and a sweet woven bassinet downstairs in the living room for daily naps.)

Note: if your changing table doesn’t offer enough storage, you will also need a cabinet or something else for storing baby clothes etc.

new baby essentials GEARNew baby essentials: GEAR

  1. A pushchair with rain cover and carseat attachment so you can click the carseat straight onto your pushchair. I have a Bugaboo Cameleon, but the new Bugaboo Fox looks cool too. I’ve heard great things about the BabyZen YoYo as well — so compact!
  2. A baby carrier. I like the soft style wraps (slings) for newborns, initially.
  3. Carseat with isofix base (so you can click it straight into the car — not an absolute necessity but SO fuss-free and handy!)
  4. Bouncing chair with a cosy sheepskin cover (there are special sheepskins available fir this purpose, but you can also just buy a natural, non-bleached sheepskin and cut holes in it).
  5. A cosy, washable cover or footmuff for the carseat.

Of course, as always, I’m curious to hear if you feel there are any new baby essentials I have missed, that you feel are essential for the first weeks!

xxx Esther

The post New Baby | What essentials do you really need for the first weeks? appeared first on Babyccino Kids: Daily tips, Children’s products, Craft ideas, Recipes & More.



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/2F8oEIb via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2CUgqS6

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий