пятница, 22 января 2016 г.

Maths with Lego

legomath0

I am always looking for more ways of teaching maths in a tangible way to my kids. This is partly because one of the slight disadvantages of the French school system is that teaching is very academic. It is also because I want the children to understand at an early age how genuinely useful, fun and actually simple maths is. It is such an important lesson to know, because you suddenly understand why you are studying all this “nonsense”. Teaching math is not an easy task with my two – they would much rather disappear into the wonderful dreamland of their books, than think about numbers.

A friend of mine sent me this link which I love! A teacher did a brilliant layout of how to use lego to easily understand fractions and square number. The girls and I had a little session tonight working on fractions and it really worked.

Now it isn’t 100% fool proof – I went away to let the girls play around with their fractions and I came back and they had made excellent furniture for their lego houses with my 1/8, ¼ and ½ which they proudly showed me! … But I still think some information sank in. ; )

-Emilie



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/1RCLE5c via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1OBYXzh

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий