суббота, 5 декабря 2015 г.

Flying Eye Books at the ShopUp next week!

It is nearly impossible for us to walk by our local independent children’s bookstore, Tales on Moon Lane, here in Herne Hill and not go in (or at least stop and admire their latest window displays!). My daughter, Charlotte, quickly makes her self comfortable on their couch with a big pile of books, while my young son, Peter, and I wander around browsing. They always have the most beautiful and interesting books on display, so it is really a treat for all of us to spend time there. (It is also a good excuse to stock up on gifts; I think books make the best presents for kids!)

Processed with VSCOcam with t1 preset

A few weeks ago I discovered that Tales on Moon Lane carries books from Flying Eye Books. I was particularly excited to see them there, as Flying Eye Books will be one of our shops at next week’s ShopUp event! I admit I wasn’t very familiar with their books, so I asked the staff at the shop about them, and they couldn’t have given them higher praise.

IMG_6964

The staff raved about the quality of their books and even pulled a variety of books out for me so I could feel the thickness of the paper. They truly are beautiful books. I learned that Flying Eye Books does more than simply publish fun and innovative children’s books, they are also quite active in supporting their communities, schools in particular.

IMG_6965

The Tales on Moon Lane staff also raved about the ability of Flying Eye Books to share nonfiction for kids in an accessible way. This is certainly in part due to their commitment to champion lesser known illustrators and authors who have particular talent in this area. The award winning “Shackleton’s Journey” by William Grill is one that has received particular attention:

image1

It is a truly beautiful book that kids and adults alike will return to over and over again. Kids will also love the accompanying activity book!

IMG_6966

We can’t wait to see what Flying Eye Books brings along to the ShopUp! Mark your calendars for the 10th and 11th of December at Chelsea Old Town Hall to see for yourself!

Bethie xx

PS: A big thank you to the super lovely ladies at Tales on Moon Lane for letting me photograph these books in their gorgeous shop!



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/1TJvhlm via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1PI8Dv1

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий