пятница, 25 сентября 2015 г.

Momo, by Michael Ende

Capture d’écran 2015-09-02 à 23.24.00 (1)

Do you remember the first book that you read from cover to cover as a child? My first page turner was a book called Momo and I read it on a long, long car journey across Europe one summer. I remember not wanting the journey to end until the book was finished! It is by German author Michael Ende who is most famous for writing the Neverending Story (another one of those magical page turners).

DSC00065 (1)

I had totally forgotten about this book until I recently found it in my favourite children’s book shop L’Enfant Lyre here in Paris.  Coco, who is nine now, read it this summer and also could not put it down.

The thing is, this book might have been written in the early ’70s, but its subject is more relevant than ever before. A little girl saves her city and its inhabitants from ominous grey men who are stealing everyone’s time – no one has time to play and talk anymore, which is as much a subject now as it was 40 years ago apparently!

-Emilie



from kid games toys http://ift.tt/1G6fiGf via kid games toys
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1iQvDtX

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий